The School Arts Program
The Williams Mill Visual Arts Centre aims to enrich visual arts knowledge with fun and interactive art programs that follow the Ontario Visual Arts Curriculum. Classes and workshops are offered for students from Kindergarten to Grade 12, with activities suited to age and interests, while incorporating the necessary skills to be learned. The programs vary in medium, technique, skill level and curriculum covered and can be held at Williams Mill or in your school.
The Williams Mill Visual Arts Centre School Arts Program is specially crafted to:
- Strengthen knowledge and techniques in various art forms.
- Provide students with an understanding that will inspire them to continue the pursuit of art.
- Offer an inviting environment for all ages and abilities and,
- Provide Ontario curriculum-based art instruction.
Please e-mail or call Ms Janice Gittings to arrange a program that can be customised.
1. Art classes are delivered in the Arts Education Centre, an accessible facility, located in one of the Williams Mill designated heritage buildings.
- Classes: Classes are offered as a regularly scheduled series of lessons in which students receive curriculum-based art instruction.
- Heritage Tours and Studio Visits: Heritage tours of the Williams Mill site and/or demomstrations in the working studios of professional resident artists can be arranged as part of a program.
2. In your school, professional art instructors provide art instruction in the classroom as a series of regularly scheduled classes or special projects.
Visiting artists offer lessons in which students receive school curriculum-based art instruction, in consultation with the school teacher or administrator.
Program Fees (Per Student)
Fees for classes held at the Arts Education Centre or at a school are based on minimum class size of 18 students.
Junior Grades JK to 6
90 minute class or workshop $10.00+HST
Senior Grades 7 to 12
2 hour class or workshop $12.00+HST